- Jamal Murray – Out
- PJ Dozier – Out
- Will Barton – Out
- Zach Collins – Out
Betting Lines (subject to change):
- DEN -1.5 (60% of public’s backing)
- POR at +1.5
- Over/under sits at 227
- DEN is -120 on the MoneyLine
- Portland is +105
- Trail Blazers are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600
- Over is 10-2-1 in Nuggets last 13 games following a double-digit loss at home
- Trail Blazers are 5-0 ATS in the last 5 meetings between these two
While everyone knew Portland was no team to underestimate, the Nuggets were still stunned by the #6 seed in Game 1. With MPJ going just 1-10 from deep and Jokic only having 1 assist, it was sure an odd start to the series. That being said, it was bench scoring that truly decided the game.
34 points for the Trail Blazers against the Nuggets 20 bench points is, in fact, the 14 point difference that they lost by. While we could chalk this up to Jokic’s lack of distribution; but the Nuggets reserves, Green, Millsap, Morris, and Howard, have shown that they can put up points in a flurry. Some even have notable playoff experience. It is safe to say then that they can at least matchup with Melo and the crew.
While we wait for the bench to gain composure, look, for the duo of Jokic and MPJ to rally heavily in Game 2 and begin to take back the advantage in the series. Even consider MPJ’s 3.5 3pointers prop bet.