The Colorado Avalanche look to welcome back the St Louis Blues in the second game of the back-to-back. The Avs won Friday night in a closely contested 3-2 victory with backup goaltender Jonas Johansson in net. The Blues will look to end their five-game losing streak when they take the ice tonight inside the Ball Arena.
The Avs have now registered at least a point in the last 13 games they’ve played and are on a three-game win streak. Last evening Nathan MacKinnon registered two of the Avs’ three goals. The Blues were able to register 27 SOG on Colorado’s backup Johansson but were only able to score on one of the five power plays they had last night.
Tonight will most likely see Avs Philipp Grubauer back between the pipes and could affect the betting lines as expected. Denver Sports Betting takes a look at this matchup from the betting perspective.
The Lines (subject to change)
- The Avs are -265 on the Moneyline, the Blues sit at +215
- The over/under is set at 5.5 goals
- The puck line is +1.5 (-120) for the Blues and -1.5 (+100) for the Avs
- Action Network has 52% of the public bets on the Avs
- Blues are 0-5 in their last five overall
- Avs are 11-2 in their last 13 games as a favorite
- Under is 4-0 in Blues last four overall
- Over is 21-5-1 in Blues last 27 Saturday games
- Over is 5-1 in Avs last six vs. a team with a losing record
- Blues are 1-5 in the last six meetings in Colorado
The Action To Watch:
Although the last game was a close game via the score, I still like the Avs PL once again tonight. The Blues are the worst team in the NHL on the PL (9-27) and with Grubauer back things are looking up for the Avs here. Avs PL +100
The Avs were one very close empty netter from hitting the over last night and given the Avs’ offense as of late and the 7-3 hits on the over in the last 10 it continues to look good. As long as it stays at the current 5.5 I like the over here. Over 5.5 goals -125
Loved a Samuel Girard goal last game and it didn’t hit. He had four shots on goal and continues to be a player who’s very close to scoring any given night. The Avs had six power plays last night which gives Girard an even better chance. He’s not a big goal scorer, but that means he’s got amazing value here. Girard goal +600
Mikko Rantanen only had 1 shot on goal against the Blues last night and only had 2 SOG, two games ago. For that reason alone, his 2.5 SOG prop has regained some value back. Rantanen over 2.5 SOG -162
Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. MT once again as the Avs look to extend their point streak to 14 games.