Denver is missing Garry Harris and Monte Morris
The Pelicans are also shorthanded in the backcourt missing Lanzo Ball and JJ Redick
Betting Lines (Subject to change):
- DEN favored by -6.
- NO +6
- Over/Under opened at 231
- Moneyline for Denver -245
- New Orleans +205
Betting Trends courtesy of Covers.com:
- Over is 29-7 in Pelicans last 36 overall
- Over is 12-3 in Pelicans last 15 games as an underdog
- Under is 4-0 in Nuggets last 4 vs. a team with a losing straight up record
- Over is 15-5-1 in Nuggets last 21 home games vs. a team with a losing road record
- Pelicans are 6-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings with Denver
The Nuggets are on a 3 game winning streak and have begun to find increased stability following the All-Star Break. Going up against a young Pelicans team the Nuggets are prepared to take another home win to the bank. While they will undoubtedly have trouble guarding Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram the Pelicans have few weapons outside of those two stars. By even mitigating one of their two scorers production the Nuggets could handedly win this game. Time will tell, however, as there are few on the Nuggets roster that easily matchup with Zion’s height, strength, and quickness or Ingram’s height and wingspan.
On the other hand, with Jokic’s historic performance, Murray’s return to form, MPJ’s recent constancy, and the bench’s continued support, the Nuggets have seemingly found the groove they have been searching for all year; let us just hope it sticks around.
Tip off is at 1 MST, see you there!