The Colorado Avalanche will look to bounce back against an Arizona Coyotes team that beat them 3-2 Monday night. The Avs have now lost the last two games in a row and sit in fourth place in the West Division with 28 points through 23 games. The Coyotes are just behind them, fifth place in the West with 27 points (25 games played).
Monday night’s loss now marks the sixth loss in a row for the Avs in which they have actually outshot their opponent. The big roster news for the Avs tonight, is that superstar Nathan MacKinnon will be back in the lineup tonight and looks to give a struggling Avs team a much-needed boost.
Denver Sports Betting previews this upcoming game from a betting perspective.
The lines (subject to change)
- Avs are -195 on the Moneyline, Coyotes are +165
- The over/under is set at 5.5 goals
- The puck line is +1.5 (-157) for the Coyotes and -1.5 (+130) for the Avs
- Action Network has 53% of the public bets on the Coyotes
- Coyotes are 4-0 in their last four games as a road underdog
- Coyotes are 5-0 in their last five road games
- Avs are 10-2 in their last 12 after scoring two goals or less in their previous game
- Avs are 13-3 in their last 16 Wednesday games
- Over is 9-2-1 in Coyotes last 12 when their opponent scores two goals or less in their previous game
- Favorite is 9-2 in the last 11 meetings
- Coyotes are 1-6 in the last seven meetings in Colorado
Monday night’s game was a head scratcher, the Avs dominated most of the statistical categories against the Coyotes and found themselves in the loss column. In either case, since the Avs are on a two-game losing streak their value has dropped some. The odds are hardly ever that good for us to take the Avs Moneyline, so we never do. The payout isn’t great tonight either, but we are so confident that they’ll win outright tonight that a bet with a large sum of units could make you some extra cash either way. Avs ML -195
The last time these two teams played, the under hit the first game and the over hit the second. In fact, the last three, two-game series the Avs have played the over/under has split. The under hits one game and the over hits the other. The Coyotes had the over hit three of their last four as well. Over 5.5 +107
The Avs are a bad first period team, but so are the Coyotes when you consider their last handful of games. The Coyotes are -4 on goal differential in the first period in their last five games played. The Avs are -3 in goal differential on the first period through their last five played. Both teams to score period 1 +215
The life-blood of this Avs team is back and knows how bad this team needs to win. If there was ever an Avs to always bet, it’s MacKinnon. Let’s hit some props on the kid. MacKinnon to score +128 and MacKinnon +2 points +135
The Avs look to avoid a three-game losing streak against a team that’s right behind them in the standings. Puck drop is 7 p.m. MT at the Ball Arena tonight.