Ladies and gentleman; degenerates of all ages….actually 21 or over for gambling purposes. It’s finally time for the best non-national holiday of the year. The 55th big game is upon us with what on paper could be the greatest QB matchup of all time.
Sports betting is 100% legal in Colorado, and it’s time for sports fans to get in on the action! With that, we want to ensure Colorado bettors are educated before laying their money on the line, so be sure to check out DenverSportsBetting.com for daily news, trends, and analysis of sports from a betting perspective by Colorado’s premier sports betting centric media outlet.
Before the big game gets going let’s talk about some Prop bets that will both potentially increase your bankroll and give you some nice water cooler discussions on Monday. Check out up to the minute lines with our friends at SuperBook this includes all the Prop bets we are about to discuss.
In case you are new to the sports betting game, the brick-and-mortar SuperBook is located inside the Westage Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. One of the largest sportsbooks in the world, SuperBook is considered paradise on earth for sports bettors and is home to the mecca of prop bets.
— SuperBook NV (@SuperBookNV) January 29, 2021
Thankfully a majority of the props you can bet on in Vegas are also available on the SuperBook app in Colorado. SuperBook is running a handful of deals and promos to get you started on the action!
It's almost time for the biggest sporting event of the year! @SuperBookSports is offering 3 HUGE promos that you just can't miss. Sign-up and wager today!
— Denver Sports Betting (@BettingDenver) February 4, 2021
Props bets can be profitable and fun at the same time. I’ll start with wagers that I think we have an edge on and wagers that will be fun to root for.
Prop Bets for your Consideration
- Travis Kelce – Over 92.5 Receiving Yards (-141) – This is a bit of a stretch for my usual Over/Under yards pick. But I think this game will be a monster for Kelce. The Bucs defense will most likely play two deep safeties in order to keep KC’s speedy receivers in front of them. So I think this opens the door for Kelce and yards after the catch. I also like Kelce Over 8.5 receptions but I think yardage will be easier to accomplish.
- Mike Evans – Over 63.5 Receiving Yards (+100) – I will probably be heavy on this bet, Evans does not need more than a catch or 2 to hit this Over. Brady has improved his deep ball throughout the season and Evans is the #1 deep threat target. Consider Evans also as any time TD scorer (+100) as well.
- Patrick Mahomes – Over 19.5 Rushing Yards (-155) – I expect the Bucs Defense to be playing deep a lot in this game to prevent the big play. If this happens Mahomes will have plenty of chances to make plays with his legs.
- Shaquil Barrett – Over 0.5 Sacks (+120) – This is possible the wager I would go all in on. The KC O-Line is suspect right now and Shaq has been eating all year. I think this hits easy.
Props to have Fun with
- Gatorade Color – Red/Pink -(+300) – Both teams’ primary color is red so why not.
- Fat Guy Touchdown (+1100) – Trick plays happen all the time in big games so why not a Fat Guy TD – meaning any designated offensive or defensive lineman to score wins the bet. There are also options to pick O-Line or D-line specifically to score.
- The Coin Flip (-110) – The basics of gambling, heads or tails your call. I say Tails never fails- but it has it 53% of the time in Super Bowls. Note that it is not legal to bet on the coin toss in the state of Colorado.
Longshot Props for Fun
- Mecole Hardman SB MVP (+5000) – Tampa has horrible special teams. Remember the NFC divisional playoff game, the Saints had a punt return TD and a few big kickoff returns prior to their main returner being injured. Hardman is a game-breaker; I can envision a game where he has a kick or punt return TD and a specialty offensive play that leads to another TD.
- Shaquil Barrett SB MVP (+5000) – KC is banged up on the offensive line and Barrett can impact and take over games. Barrett played in SB 50 with Von Miller and knows how impactful the pass rush can be. I don’t think it’s out of the question to consider a scenario where Barrett has a big sack day that includes a turnover.
- Travis Kelce SB MVP (+1300) – I said it earlier, I think this is a Kelce game. If he hits a multi TD game and goes well over 100 Yards receiving this is completely in play.
Have a great Super Bowl Sunday, make that money and have some fun.