The Colorado Avalanche will stay “California dreaming” as they get ready to take on the Los Angeles Kings in the second game of the back-to-back. The Avalanche came away with the 3-2 victory in the first game, along with some milestone achievements by their best player Nathan MacKinnon. MacKinnon or “Nate Dogg” as he’s referred to by his fellow teammates reached the 500-point mark at the ripe age of 25 via his two assists on the evening.
Last game, the Avalanche registered three goals on 24 shots while surrendering two goals on the Kings’ 25 shots. The Avalanche once again took advantage of their league’s best power play scoring two times on it, courtesy of newly acquired Devon Toews and Mikko Rantanen. The Avalanche are now 47% on the power play this year and can attribute 7 of their 11 goals on the season to.
The Avalanche did cash in on the Money Line (-220) but failed to hit the puck line of 1.5 and the over/under of 6.
Updates for game the second game
The big news for the Avalanche, is that Ian Cole was traded just before Tuesday night’s game to the Minnesota Wild for Greg Pateryn in an attempt to free cap space while loosening up room for young taxi-squad players like Bowen Byram and Dennis Gilbert. Andre Burakovsky and Pavel Francouz are still listed day-to-day for the Colorado Avalanche. Game time for the second game is Thursday night at 8 p.m. MT at the Staples Center.
Lines for the game
- Avalanche are (-245) on the Money Line
- The 1.5 Puck Line is set at -1.5 (+112) for the Avalanche and +1.5 (-134) for the Kings
- The Over (-117) Under (-105) is set at 5.5 goals
- The 60 minute line has the Avalanche around (-143) the Kings (+335) and a tie at (+350)
Trends per Covers.com
- The over is 6-1 in the Avs last 7 on a days of rest
- Over is 10-3 in Avs last 13 games
- Over is 5-2 in Avs last 7 games following a win
- Avs are 4-1 in last 5 games as a road favorite
- Avs are 35-17 in their last 52 games vs. a team with a losing record
- Kings are 8-20 in last 28 vs. teams with a winning percentage above .600
Plays to look at
- Sometimes when bets don’t hit it’s best to stay the course and not panic. Yes, the Avs didn’t hit the over, or the Puck Line last game. Given the trends and a couple wide open empty nets that would’ve covered the over and Puck Line, the over is always enticing in an Avalanche game. Over 5.5
- The Avalanche are playing a team in a rebuild that played good effort hockey last game which resulted in a close score. Let’s remember the Avs had one disallowed goal that would’ve stretched the lead. Avs ML
- Any given night you could pick a random player from the Avs top line and put action on a goal. Mikko scored last game, MacKinnon didn’t. Process of elimination, Mack also happens to be one of the best in the world. MacKinnon goal +108.
- The amount of chances Nazem Kadri has had to score this year is crazy, in three games he’s had eight looks on net. He also missed 2 wide open empty net shots last game. He’s due. Kadri goal +205
The Avalanche will look to sweep their first road-series of the season Thursday night, the Kings will need to limit the time in the penalty box or it will be a long night for them.
Look for a place to bet?
Being an affiliate with BetRivers allows us to offer the Denver Sports Betting community an exclusive sign-up bonus offer!
You can get a first deposit match up of up to $250 by using code ‘DSB250’ when you sign up here. The minimum deposit required to qualify for the bonus is $25.
Think of it this way:
$25 initial deposit = $50 of playing money
$100 initial deposit = $200 of playing money
100% match up to $250!
BetRivers is one of the top books in the state, featuring incredible odds boosts and the best live betting menu in the state. Take it from us, we have been working with them since the summertime. Get signed up here, and be sure to use code ‘DSB250’ to get that bonus!
Sports betting is 100% legal in Colorado, and it’s time for sports fans to get in on the action! With that, we want to ensure Colorado bettors are educated before laying their money on the line, so be sure to check out DenverSportsBetting.com for daily news, trends, and analysis of sports from a betting perspective by Colorado’s premier sports betting centric media outlet.