Sports betting is 100% legal in Colorado, and it’s time for sports fans to get in on the action! With that, we want to ensure Colorado bettors are educated before laying their money on the line, so be sure to check out DenverSportsBetting.com for daily news, trends and analysis of sports from a betting perspective by Colorado’s only sports betting centric media outlet.
Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots Betting Preview:
Ladies, gentlemen and children 21 and over, it’s finally time to preview a Denver Broncos game once again. After a two week hiatus due to Covid-19 rescheduling, Denver finally has a game to play.
Unfortunately for the Broncos, they have drawn the New England Patriots with a healthy Cam Newton back under center. The good news is with the extended time off it is very likely that QB Drew Lock and RB Phillip Lindsay will be able to return to action this week.
Wiseguys in the desert don’t give a damn who Denver has back in play this week. The Broncos are heading into Foxborough as +9.5 point underdogs while the Patriots are a -400 Moneyline favorite. With a game total predicted at 46, the powers that be have predicted a 28-18 easy victory for New England.
19-5 and 12-0 at home. This is Bill Belichick’s record against rookie QBs. So winning this game may be a pipe dream for Denver, but can they keep it competitive and perhaps cover the near 10-point spread?
The Patriots are going to force Drew Lock to beat them. Expect the Patriots to take Denver’s run game away completely. In order for Denver to stay in the game, they will have to be effective on 3rd downs and will have to play for field position.
Turnovers and field position are the keys to this game. Denver had 3 INTs against the Jets and managed to win the game. If they lose the turnover battle against the Patriots, the Broncos lose by 20. New England is not as explosive offensively as in previous years, but they will light up the scoreboard if given extra opportunities to do so. If Denver can’t put up points, they will at least have to sustain drives and make the Pats settle for long field goal attempts.
Wagers to keep an eye on:
- Under 46 Game total – Both teams will emphasize ball control, and big plays will be at a minimum to avoid turnovers.
- Denver +10 – large point spreads have been hard to cash this season. 10 points seem like a lot in a game where both offenses will be rusty. Look for line movement on this game, don’t be shocked if the spread climbs to +12.
Betting Trends and Info via Covers.com
- Broncos are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 meetings in New England.
- Over is 4-0-1 in the last 5 meetings in New England.
- Home team is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 meetings.
- Favorite is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 meetings.
- Broncos are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 meetings.