Nuggets vs Spurs Game 5 Betting Preview
By Cliff Rodriguez @Crod303
In what has been the most competitive 1st round playoff series the Nuggets and Spurs appear to be destined for a game 7 showdown. Thus far both teams have shown dominance and at times both teams looked lost. To the casual fan it looks as if Denver has taken control of the series as well as all the momentum coming from a big game 4 road victory. But be cautious; remember this is a veteran led Spurs team with Greg Popovich at the helm. The Spurs aren’t going to panic and aren’t going to let up on the pressure.
With a new starting lineup and an impressive display of shooting from beyond the arc the Nuggets played their best game of the postseason. The Spurs will adjust and game 5 will be battle. Playoff basketball is different animal. Each game is a unique version of adjustments. With 2 days of rest for both teams and plenty of time to watch and decipher film game 5 should be a back and forth contest.
Game 5 Stats Preview
Series Tied at 2-2
Nuggets record 54-28 / 34-8 at Home
Spurs record 48-34 / 17-26 on Road
Money line: DEN: (+196) | SAS: (-235)
Spread: DEN: -5.5 (-110) | SAS: +5.5 (-110)
Total: 210.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: DEN: 61% | SAS: 39%
Public (Bet%) DEN 55% | SAS 45%
All betting lines and info from FanDuel Sports Book
- Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a double-digit loss at home
- Spurs are 16-6 ATS in the last 22 meetings in Denver
- Nuggets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games versus a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Nuggets are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games playing on 2 days rest
- Spurs are 4-1-1 ATS in road games after a home loss in the last 2 years
- Last 3 games of the series averaged a game total of 216 points